SCHOOL PICTURES UPDATE:
- Pictures of students in Grades P3 – 7 were taken this morning.
- Little Crusaders (P0 – P2) will have their pictures taken on Wednesday, 9/23/2015 beginning at 7 am.
- We are sorry for any inconvenience this may have caused.
FOUND: A small gold cross was found. Please claim in the school office.
SCHOOL DIRECTORY: Attached please find setup instructions for the Online School Directory.
STUDENT DEMOGRAPHIC INFORMATION: Information is attached on how to update student info through PlusPortals.
CRUSADER CHOIR: Congratulations to the new members of the 2015-2016 Crusader Choir. They did a wonderful job leading the congregation at Mass this morning. The Choir members are: Nyla Barras, Brandi Duhon, Grace Dupuis, Soriah Henry, Kristy Herkes, Sydney Piglia, Savannah Sticker, Navi Aguilar, Frank Bentley, Gregory Binder, Claire Clement, Blake Culver, Brenna Lehmann, Luke Lisotta, Eden Norton, Josie Posie, Angelina Rodriguez, Charley Rozands, Mary Claire Tracey, Empress Verdun, Juniper Windham, Dominick Brocato, Abby Carey, Saibr Hammond, Kelsey Henry, Isabella Nagy, Gina Nunez, Mia Nunez, Frank Oliveri, Emma Packett, Bryce Pinson, Alyssa Richardson, Lanna Rosas, Aiden Smith, Jack Steger, Will Tusa, and Addison Wenck.
EARLY DISMISSAL: Every Monday, beginning 8/24/15, dismissal will be at 2:45 pm for grades PK3 – 7th.
SCHOOL MASS: All are welcome to attend school mass in church on Friday mornings at 8:30 am. As this is our school mass, all students will remain seated with their homerooms. Parents may sit in the side pews or behind the students.
LITTLE CRUSADERS MEET AND GREET BREAKFAST: Nursery parents are invited to join us in the Cafeteria on Tuesday, September 1 from 7 am to 9 am for breakfast and to meet your fellow nursery parents!
BEFORE/AFTER SCHOOL CARE INFO:
- Before school care is $4.00 per morning and begins at 7:00 am.
- After school care is $8.00 per afternoon from dismissal until 6:00 pm.
- In order to use the before or after care services, a deposit of $150.00 is required. This money will be applied to your statement. When the account balance decreases to $50.00, you will be notified to replenish the account funds. Any monies remaining in your account at the end of the school year will be refunded.
CARPOOL: Please keep in mind that SLKF’s main priority during morning drop off and dismissal is safety for our students. Therefore, we ask that parents pay close attention to the following rules and regulations for both morning and afternoon carpool.
Morning drop off for grades PK3 through 7th:
- Students must arrive at school by 7:45 am.
- Students will be considered tardy if they arrive after 7:55 am.
- Students in grades 5-7 only are permitted to arrive and report to homeroom as early as 7:30 am.
- Parents will walk PK3 through Kindergarten students to their classrooms.
- Students in grades 1st through 4th must be accompanied by a parent to the Marion Hall entrance from the large schoolyard and must walk independently to their classrooms on the 2nd floor of Marion Hall.
- Afternoon carpool for PK3 through 7th:
- It is highly recommended that parents utilize afternoon carpool.
- You will not be permitted to park in the large schoolyard.
- You can park on Carrollton Avenue.
- Do not part on Poplar or block the Administration parking area.
- If you choose not to use the carpool line, you may pick up your child in between the Church and Marion Hall on the concrete.
- Little Crusaders parents/guardians are asked to park along the Administration Bldg. on Poplar St. or in the large yard and walk your child to their classrooms. If you park along Poplar St., please avoid parking in the first five spots marked reserved for administration. If parked along Poplar St. between 7 am – 7:45 am, parents and students can enter through the front doors by the office on the corner of Poplar St. & Lake Ave. OR through the cafeteria side door near the corner of Poplar St. & Carrollton Ave. The cafeteria door will be locked at 7:45 am. After 7:45 am, parents parked along poplar St. will need to enter through the front doors by the office.
The large yard will be open from 7 am – 9 am. Once the gates to the large yard have been closed, you must park on Poplar St. & enter through the doors at the front office.
- Morning drop off for Little Crusaders: The nursery opens at 7 am every morning. Students are not permitted to enter the classrooms until 7 am.
- Afternoon pickup for Little Crusaders: Parents may park on Poplar St., along Carrollton Ave., or in the large schoolyard.
BUCKTOWN SEAFOOD FESTIVAL NEWS: (October 23, 24, and 25, 2015)
- We are collecting cleaned empty eggs to make confetti eggs for the fair. Please bring washed eggs, one dozen at a time, to the front office.
- BSF t-shirt info – Children will have an opportunity to wear their BSF shirts before the fair as well as during dress down days throughout the year. Order forms will be sent home soon.
- We are currently collecting items from local businesses for our Parade of Prizes and Gift Baskets. Donations are tax deductible! Please feel free to bring any donations to the front office.
- There is still time to become a BSF Sponsor! If you or someone you know would like to be a sponsor, please have them call or email Amy Tabak at email@example.com.
- In September, we will start collecting 2 liters of Coca Cola products, cases of bottled water, as well as grocery items and bottles of liquor for our Grocery and Liquor Basket Booth. Information will be sent home soon regarding which days to send which items.
- Attention Grandparents! We will be looking for donations for our Sweets Booth! Please contact Pam Cassanova at firstname.lastname@example.org if you would like to be on our Sweets Committee.
DATES TO REMEMBER:
September 1, 2015
- Little Crusaders Meet and Greet Breakfast, 7 am in the Cafeteria
September 4, 2015
- School Mass, 8:30 am
- Seventh Grade Pin Mass, 8:30 am
September 7, 2015
- Labor Day Holiday for Little Crusaders through 7th grade
September 11, 2015
September 13, 2015
- Parish/School Mass, 10:30 am (Blessing of the teachers)
September 18, 2015
September 23, 2015
- Little Crusader School Pictures, 7 am, Cafeteria
- Co-Op Meeting, 6:30 pm in the Cafeteria
September 25, 2015
- School Mass, 8:30 am (Student of the Month Mass)