You may print the calendar (see below for instructions) or sync the calendar to your device. Detailed steps to sync your calendar are also found below.
Instructions to sync the SLKF Calendar to your iPhone or Android
iPhone or iPad
- Open “Settings“
- Select “Calendar” (before IOS 11)
- Select “Passwords & Accounts” (after IOS 11)
- Select “Add Account“
- Select “Other”
- Select “Add Subscribed Calendar“
- Copy and Paste this link:https://calendar.google.com/calendar/ical/slkfschool.com_5cotprs2l9abp0b1mjqnuuk51k%40group.calendar.google.com/private-059e27ff1f0c9cd3c7bcfd77e3e06db4/basic.ics
- Select “Next“
- Select “Save” IMPORTANT NOTE:
DO NOT JUST CLICK THE LINK INCLUDED ABOVE. If you do that, it will only add the events currently on the calendar one time and NOT UPDATE your phone as events are added or edited. You want to SUBSCRIBE to this calendar using the above steps so that you will get all of the updates. If you get an error message, make sure that you have copied the entire calendar address. It should end with “.ics”. If you do not have the entire address, you will get an error message.
**You must first have a Gmail email address. This is free. Steps are below if you do not already have a Gmail email address. IF YOU ALREADY HAVE A GMAIL EMAIL ADDRESS YOU CAN SKIP TO STEP 2!
To create a Gmail account:
- Go to gmail.com
- Click Create
- The sign-up form will appear. Follow the directions by entering the required information.
- Next, enter your phone number to verify your account. Google uses a two-step verification process for your security.
- You will receive a text message from Google with a verification code. Enter the code to complete the account verification.
- Next, you will see a form to enter some of your personal information, like your name and birthday.
- Your account will be created. You can now move on to step 2.
1. From the Google play store, install “iCal import/export CalDAV”.
2. Open the App and choose “IMPORT”.
3. Choose your Google Gmail account.
4. The next screen that displays shows the Import Source”. Select “Web” instead of “Internal/External memory”.
5. If “http://” is displayed press it and select “https://”.
6. Copy and paste the following URL: https://calendar.google.com/calendar/ical/slkfschool.com_5cotprs2l9abp0b1mjqnuuk51k%40group.calendar.google.com/private-059e27ff1f0c9cd3c7bcfd77e3e06db4/basic.ics
DO NOT JUST CLICK THE LINK INCLUDED ABOVE. If you do that, it will only add the events currently on the calendar one time and NOT UPDATE your phone as events are added or edited. You want to SUBSCRIBE to this calendar using the above steps so that you will get all of the updates.
If you get an error message, make sure that you have copied the entire calendar address. It should end with “.ics”. If you do not have the entire address, you will get an error message.
7. Click the red arrow “->”.
8. The calendar will import.
9. You will be given the option to tag your calendar in order to differentiate SLKF events from other calendars you may already have on your device. You can use “SLKF” or any name you would like. This step is not required, but is an added option if you want to differentiate it.
10. Click the red circle with the download cloud.
11. Androids give you the option to sync only specific events or all events, whichever you prefer. If you only want specific events to sync to your phone, you will have to scroll through and select only the ones you want. The default setting is to sync all events.
12. Click the red checkmark. Events will begin syncing to your calendar.
13. Click OK when finished. Your Google calendar should now display all events.
VIEWING THE CALENDAR WITHOUT SYNCING TO YOUR PHONE:
If you wish to have a printed paper version of the calendar, please click on the arrow in the top right-hand corner of the calendar below. This will open the calendar in a new window and allow you to print it. E-mails, texts, and/or letters in your child’s folder may be sent home with any calendar changes/updates throughout the year. Please check your e-mail, texts, and child’s folder every day.
2019-2020 Calendar PDF